The second half was the English session.
TMOM（Toastnmaster of the morning）was TM A.N.
He took this role for the first time. It was very calm and smooth.
Firstly, Word of the Daｙ(WOD) was introduced by TM M.M.
That is “Weird”, meaning strange and unusual. She referred to this unique word from movies she likes.
Secondly, TMOM introduced his supporters.
Timer: TM T.M., Grammarian: TM Y.N., Ah counter: TM M.N., Vote counter: TM S.Y. and Meeting reporter: TM K.M.
Next, we moved on to the prepared speech session. We had one prepared speaker.
TM N.S. made a speech based on the Advanced Communication Manual; the Entertaining Speaker.project No. 2. “Resources for Entertainment”.
“The title was “Think positively with positive words”.
This story was very encouraging and gave a hint to achieve successful results. Referring to a book,”Isshun-no-Kazeninare” in Japanese or “Change to brink wind”, the speaker exhorted the audience to the power of positive words. She also talked about her experiences. When she was a university student and made mistakes in a part-time job, she was showered with negative words by her boss. So, she was scared of mistakes, but she continued making mistakes. On the other hand, she was taught the importance of positive words by her office doctor, and she experienced that her office environment was improved.
She also talked about the mechanism on how positive words improve people’s performance in the view of the brain science. The members were very persuaded to use positive words.”
The next session was Table Topics which was conducted by TM T.A.
He made nice choices of topics in accordance with this season.
He gave five following topics.
1) What did you do or where did you go on January 1st. TM Y.N. talked about a trip to Hokkaido.
2) What do you play or do as traditional customs during the New Year’s holidays? TM N.H. talked about a visit to a shrine and eating delicious food.
3) Did you decide new year resolutions? TM M.M. talked about improvement of cooking skills.
4) What do you do if you have a one-month vacation? TM S.Y. talked about traveling around Japan, especially Yakushima.
5) What do you think of opening of shops on January 1st? TM T.M. provides an opinion about the benefit of people.”
The general evaluator was TM N.H. This was her first challenge.
The evaluation for TM N.S. was made by TM S.N.
He evaluated the speech with praising a nice construction and easy to understand.
The general evaluator conducted grammarian’s, Ah counter’s and WOD’s reports and evaluated all things for the English session. She controlled her nervousness very well.
Finally, the award session was made.
The best Table Topic speaker was TM T.M.
The best evaluator was TM S.Y.
The best speaker was TM K.M.
Today’s meeting was very enjoyable and better suited for the beginning of the year.